Sunday, April 22, 2018

Saturday Morning Space Aircraft Carrier: Progress #15

Today I think we get this project finished up with the Starr's weapons, and Blue Squadron the Cactus Air-forces recon element. Cowbunga dudes!



https://3.bp.blogspot.com/-9pL7Bl5Qa0Y/WjNSb3PVpeI/AAAAAAAAGSQ/vZOoSB4ZKIQ_UkjO5ZGaBKNirhYbNDcfACLcBGAs/s1600/Page_1.jpg
For some weeks I had been waffling over what do do about my deck guns.  Then inspiration struck while searching Ebay.  Tmnt Weapons!
Plunger cannons....
Sewer Seltzer Cannon....

Ooze cannons, converted into eye ball launchers....




I gave them a paintjob to match the rest of the ship. 




I'm quite pleased with the results. I know I've said that a lot this project, but I keep suprising myself with how well this comes together at each stage.


Now for Blue Squadron.  These fine little recon planes can be found at Puppets of War.
 
They were quite smaller then the rest of the Cactus Air Force hence why the have been designated as the recon element. 
They are sturdy little models, and I think they are a great addition to the force.  Bringing my Airforce up to 8 craft. 





The only thing left is to make my missle clusters for in game.  More on those in the next post. 
But for the Lone Starr that's a wrap.....now to get her out on her maiden voyage. 

22 comments:

  1. I almost dare not ask what rules you have in mind for the eyeball cannon. But only almost. Got any awesome rules in mind for the eyeball cannon? I think I can almost see where this will go. But . . . probably not until after you fire.

    Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't dialed anything up yet. But I have been contemplating being able to see what it sees somehow. I'll need to discuss it with the Major.

      Delete
  2. Glanced through the pics quickly before school so no long comments from me this time... except that yet again I'm overwhelmed with how cool this looks! The vibrant colours are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you are enjoying it Josh. Now to get a comic report in.

      Delete
  3. Man I have been enjoying this project develop so much. Thanks for posting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem Riot,I've been enjoying sharing it with everyone.

      Delete
  4. I don't know how it is possible to make it more amazing, but you've done it again. Very cool and I can't wait for the comic reports.

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Within the Wona Anomaly it has been established that the performance of advanced technology is degraded. As a matter of fact, the more advanced the equipment and the further into the Anomaly, the more profound the effect becomes. Advanced targeting, long range detection, night vision, advanced spatial navigation, all of the things that modern warfare relies upon are just about worthless. The most prevalent theory is that the division between realspace and warpspace in the Wona Anomaly is severely blurred.

    Among merchant Captains that traverse these routes, there is a consensus that by the time a voyager reaches the eye of the Anomaly on New Texas, the disrupting effect on technology is so severe that navigation must be accomplished with a sextant, the aiming of projectile weapons is done over iron sights, and many times, the most effective warfare is waged by the sword."

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know this is the wrong post but heck with it, how'd you make the brown poop terrain to go with your castle greyskull, it looks so spot on to the original you did such a fantastic job

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No worries. It's just DIY spray foam insulation with Walmart paint. ;)

      Delete
  7. Do the weapons, do the weapons still fire?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The eyeball launchers do. Everything else is static. I could get some plungers though to stick on targets as I score hits. 😂

      Delete
  8. I was left speechless long ago. I couldn't believe this could get even better each time!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gawd damnit mate, how can you keep making this thing better and better with each post?!?

    Who ever gets to play on this, better appreciate the awesome gaming opportunity they'll be exposed to.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Booooom! Kappow! Zzzaapppp! Kadoom! Kadoom! Dakka dakka dakka! :D

    ReplyDelete