Tuesday, June 20, 2023

Giant New Project Reveal!

G'day M8's I have feverishly been in the basement painting away since November.  Hop in your time travel pod and let's go back and take a look at where this all started.  

 [napoleon_and_me_on_Elba+copy.jpg]

Early fall of last year the Pound to Dollar ratio was as close as it has been for quite sometime.

 Pound to dollar: The pound's crash will make inflation worse | CNN Business

Coupled with the fact that the Perry Brothers had been playing many Penisular War games...my Napoleonic enthusiasm started to itch.

 After seeing battle report after battle report I could know longer resist! 

I went to the Perry website and ordered lots and lots of Plastic and Metal French to fight old Nosey in Spain.

 


 Just Bony

As the Emperor looks on I began to test my paint schemes.


Stay tuned for more! 

22 comments:

  1. Very cool! When the title said big project I was imagining another castle or something... but this is even more glorious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Quite a turn from the normal
      Content…but it has been very satisfying!

      Delete
  2. The chances of Napoleonics making an appearance on THIS blog!!?? That's a bet I would NEVER had taken... You surprise me sir.

    Frenchies tho, look very smart. How large a collection are you aiming to amass?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually did some redividing today. 3 brigades/divisions of infantry, 3 brigades of light cavalry, 1 heavy cavalry, and 3 batteries…might bump that up to 6 tho.

      Delete
  3. Wow, like Dai says, never expected the French here... but how glorious indeed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’m pretty excited to see what they will look like all lined up!

      Delete
  4. Y'all just don't know... Grove is a closet historical gamer... congratz on coming out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. Appreciate it Clarence…gonna be needing some flags soon 👀

      Delete
  6. Well, that's quite a change of subject! Looking good indeed, I'll be waiting for more!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Suber…you won’t have too long to wait I got some units to share coming up.

      Delete
  7. Was not expecting Napoleonics here but this is great! Your paint style looks fantastic on these figures. Looking forward to seeing more! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don’t think you will be disappointed with the next couple posts 😎

      Delete
  8. Well it looks good so far.Very colourful and well painted. You do realise that you will have lost your sanity by the end of the project and have to be institutionalised! Great Iron Mitten illustrations by the way

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha hopefully I make it thru 😜 my personal goal is to have this done by Jan 1st. Yes the Iron Mitten pics fit this project perfectly. Maybe Simon will see this and get going on some Napoleonics instead of Transformers 😂

      Delete
  9. You must be about the only person making Napoleonics who isn't turning them into Turnip 28 or Silver Bayonet models! Your painting style definitely suits these guys. Who drew the cartoons, by the way?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha that’s an interesting observation . The illustrations are from Iron Mitten’s blog.

      Delete
  10. Well I am shocked I tell you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am quite literally foaming at the mouth and in my shorts.

    ReplyDelete