Sunday, July 21, 2019

Boyl TMNT Termies and RoC Objective Marker


I don't know where the idea came from, but one day it bored in my brain and had to be done.  I give you my Boyl Space Hulk minis the Teenage Mutant Ninja Termies.  With Sgt. Splinter leading the crew against Krang and his evil doers!

 The initial plan was to use the plastic librarians figures somehow I'd collected a bunch.  They just needed some visors sculpted to give them a more TMNT feel.


 Then I figured I needed a sergeant, and who better then Splinter, so I tracked down an AHQ plastic skaven head.


Here they are painted in my signature comic style.


Lopez gave me the idea of sculpting tiny pizza's on the shoulder pads.


Then I added some TMNT humorous graffiti from the cartoons.


Ready to burst from the sewers to take on genestealers near you!


Sgt. Splinter will lead the squad to victory.


Leo will be his right hand man.


Raph is just ready to kill genestealers.


Donnie will use his brain over brawn wherever he can.


 Mikey is just gonna yell Cowbunga a bunch.


Captain Crooks mentioned that I needed pizza's on the bases.  I didn't have time for that, but I did have a better idea.  Instead of flame templates, Sgt. Splinter will shoot pizza templates!!!!


Finally still on the subject of food I needed an objective marker for Friday's Realm of Chaos game.  What better then a tiny Hamburger with old school mushrooms to represent the International Combat Burgers Bar and Grill!

22 comments:

  1. What an hilarious concept Tom :D

    Lopez was right in the money with the pizza chapter markings too. A very unique and cool squad.

    Great job :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a good mention, and then Crooks mentioned more pizza. So that's where the idea for the flame templates came from. Just used my pizza flinger pizza's. ;)

      Delete
  2. 😱😂 yeah! It def needed to be done!!! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HAHAHAHA Thanks INquisitor....I'm glad I got them done in time.

      Delete
  3. Hu hu (^_^) these Termiturtle are excelents, chapter Nico approved!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nico, I'll message you about the load out.

      Delete
  4. More inspired madness! I love how your mind works, Tom.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not only is this the most badass terminator crew but It's 4 combat weapons out of 5. This is going to be savage MWAAAAAAH !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm excited. I need to talk with Nico about the load outs. I'm just planning on the Leo and Don having Power swords.

      Delete
  6. ok, you had me at TMNT, but the sculpted pizzas on the shoulder pads,
    OMG...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha, I didn't see this coming! You made my day with these :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to help there Suber. ;) To be honest I didnt either, it just sorta happened. LOL

      Delete
  8. This is completely and utterly inspired. Playmates did loads weird Turtles action figure sublines, and it's feasible that they did Turtles Space Marines just after they did the infamous Star Trek Turtles line.

    Oh my gosh.

    And the pizza as a flamer template.

    Oh my gosh.

    Oh.

    Oh my.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HAHAHAHA The perfect reaction. ;) I think there were TMNT Spacenauts or something. I'll have to do research now.

      Delete
  9. I must have been deep in BOYL panic when this came out. I remember seeing it at the time. Great stuff all around.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sean T! It's busy out here in the blogosphere we miss things once in a while. ;)

      Delete