Wednesday, December 1, 2021

Black Vasken's Banner-man

As I get ever closer to completing Black Vasken's mounted chaos army, I thought it was time to give him a personal banner. 


This scene from WD 199 gave me all the inspiration I needed!

There wasn't much conversion work to do on him. 
 
 
 
I switched out the banner top and made sure the space was enough to accommodate one of my paper banners.

I settled on doing a reverse color scheme so he could be identified easily enough in battle, and gave the blank area Black Vasken's notable cheetah print.



12 comments:

  1. Great work on the banner, and Banner-man! I think the colors look great, and will look even better next to the lord. Nice linework on the banner as well! Very suiting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Hobbs I always enjoy finishing up a paper banner. So satisfying

      Delete
  2. It's definitely awesome. The mini didn't need conversions, you made itr all look gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely fantastic work on the banner, the whole ensemble looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love him! Bet he belches loud to announce his liege lord too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a great compliment to the force. The reverse color scheme is brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks man! I thought it would be good to easily ID him

      Delete
  6. Awesome! And that first picture is about the most oldhammer thing I've ever seen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Andrew…it seems a lot of people have never seen it.

      Delete