Monday, October 22, 2018

Sword of Power: Time for a level up

I thought it might be time to level up Vasken's sword...




 ...from these average looking blade.


But where to get one worthy of a warlord of Khorne?
Off to look at the Stuff of Legends catalogs.



I think merging that blade with the little horned skull should do the trick!  Reminds me of a certain 80s carton in my head. Oh brother not again!

 




It's getting there...


Closer....


There we go!  I think that will do it......By the Power of....



I tried to add in all the colors of my chaos scheme...green didnt make it.


Now after he has charged with his cheetah lance he can swing his er bone sword.  LOL


With this half of the Sword of Power...


Black Vasken can now unlock more secrets of Castle Grayskull!


Till next time M8's!!!

20 comments:

  1. Such decadent indulgence!

    You bought the Mercedes just so that you could wear the good ornament!

    It looks great though, to be fair, and if you don't go the extra mile for Vasken, then who do you go the extra mile for?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HAHAHA Thanks Paul. I do like to go the extra mile for Vasken he deserves it for all those situations I got him in where he blew up. LOL

      Delete
  2. Awesome, and I love the little triangle you added, it's a very subtle detail that adds a lot of character.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dyer...that was a last minute add, glad you noticed it.

      Delete
  3. Really cool effort that you went to in getting the donor parts Tom. I do that crazy shit I sometimes too :D

    The final product with the GS looks ace man! Awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mr Papafakis! Once I saw the little horned skull on that Librarian I knew it was a perfect match. Not sure if it comes across as I painted it black...but tried to make the handle look like bones as well.

      Delete
  4. Like the extra bling. Play on playa’

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic looking sword. I think I would be unable to do this on many levels. Not the least pulling apart a "finished" model to add stuff to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sean....I dont think you give yourself enough credit there buddy.

      Delete
  6. Upgrading the Hero is always very satisfying

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Watching him level up makes it all worth it. He's growing up so fast. LOL

      Delete
  7. Fantastic. Brilliant attention to detail and not at all wasted on this awesome figure!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this kind of details ... well done sir 😄

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow- I tip my hat to you, sir. I don’t know where you find your inspiration from, but thank He-man, you have it! 🤘🏽

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good call. Always thought his former poker was bland. Not. Yeesh...

    How to make an already sweet character better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good I'm glad I wasnt the only one. lol ;) Thanks Dai.

      Delete