Monday, January 3, 2022

Chaos Dwarf Chariots

 

I give you the Iron Brigade consisting of 3 chariots I've named Iron Klaw and Iron Klad....I'm sensing a theme here...and Iron Klash.

Dark Beardson bade is minions to build him machines of war!  The chaos dwarfs with their age-old skills set to building three great war chariots.  The frames constructed from iron and bone and bound with ancient dwarf incantations and runes.  Six sturdy warponies were selected for their ferocity in battle. These would be iron 'ard in the upcoming battle...

What I have done since chariots suck in 3rd ed. is look to the chaos dwarf war machines.   The whirlwind is exactly what I was looking for, impact hits and rank penetration. The base points along with added crew and ponies comes in at a bargain points cost.

 

 

 


10 comments:

  1. Absolutely fantastic painting on these, they're totally 'Eavy Metal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chariots suck in 3rd ed?! I don’t recall that, although my last game of 3rd ed was 30 years ago and my scant memories are of my then terrible plastic skeletal chariot getting smeared by stunties time and again so there might be merit in your claim? Lol

    This trio kicks arse mate! I love the vision you have for your army and you continue to produce awesome new additions. Keep ‘em coming mate

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. IMO they are pretty lackluster compared to 4th ed. ones. Switching them to the whirlwind gives them the right feel that I am aiming for.

      I have one more cool thing I've been toying with, just need to figure out how to implement it. When it's more concrete I'll be sure to share. ;)

      Delete
  3. Awesome and characterful unit! They ooze character and menace!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic as always! Love how well these colors just run together. Great detail work with the bones too. And.. is that a dwarf stack!?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Hobbs....Yes it is! Nothing like having a citadel helmet that you can carry your friend around with. LOL

      Delete