Tuesday, October 24, 2017

Orktober: Chibi King Tiger for meh Orks

I was recently made aware of Meng Models World War Toon line of chibi tanks by my buddy Mustafa, and they looked like a perfect addition to the game table.  When I saw the King Tiger I had to have one. 




I went with the box art paintjob, as I really enjoyed it.  In the past I always painted my german tanks with wild camo.  It was a change of pace to go panzer grey.


Wide load coming through...watch out!


Can you guys give her some moawr WAAAAAAAAAAGH!


Good Gawd what's that coming up the road!

It's slightly out of scale for 28mm, but I don't think people will notice to much in game.  I think the shermans will be perfect for grot tanks as was the original conversation starter.

Other then that it was a great model to put together.  I assembled it over an evening, and had it painted the next day.  

I think it fits in quite nicely with my Rogue Trader Ork force, and will be seeing some action very soon. ;)

19 comments:

  1. Ooh! The KV2 looks promising. Orktastic! It looks like a giant box with a gun mounted carelessly on treads. Quite orky! Well spotted! :) Yes, your Panzer IV.5 should work nicely for 28mm sci-fantasy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Or King Tiger, rather. Not a tank guy. Can you tell?

      Delete
    2. LOL no worries. Ya that KV is pretty sweet, and I think the shermans would fit really well for grot tanks. I'm a fan of german armor tho so had to get the big cat. ;)

      Delete
  2. What a superb model. Great find, mate!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bryan...it's a good one, can't recommend this line enough.

      Delete
  3. That's a great model!
    I was looking a the Sherman, and it looks a little too cartoony for me, but this King Tiger looks fantastic. Just enough like the historical tank to fit in, but different enough that it's clearly a fictionalized version.

    Nice paint job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ya it's quirky and off enough just to work imo. Thanks I really had fun putting this one together, and it was a smooth paint session. I was going to go for the tiger....then I saw this! Had to have it. LOL

      Delete
  4. I think the scale looks more than ok. It doesn't look like a titchy tank at all! Great paint job Grove, looks even better tearing around your tabletop too.

    Cheers brother :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks big dawg! I'm regretting not getting in photos of orks clambering all over it. Soon tho. ;)

      Delete
  5. That's it. I'm bringing the Leman Russ.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's gonna get the shit blown out of it if you do. LOL

      Delete
  6. Haha, I didn't know of this, I'm so in love! :D Cool job, dude!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like it Suber. They can be found reasonably priced on Ebay.

      Delete
  7. I've been thinking about picking up some of those tanks, they look great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Normally I can't stand Chibi aesthetics, but this is pretty cool.

    Never thought that CHibi anything would work in 40K.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was surprised myself. But it really works, and I think the whole range could be useful.

      Delete
  9. Brilliant inspiring work THANKS for sharing

    ReplyDelete