Sunday, December 31, 2017

Master Splinter

I was searching through Ebay as we do and a certain Plague Monk came up.  He had such a striking resemblance to Master Splinter the idea embedded itself in my brain.  All sorts of scenarios ideas and plot lines started falling into place.  I had to make it happen.



My brothers and I were huge fans of TMNT as kids.  We watched the cartoon as kids, and my brother recently bought the dvd set and we've been rewatching them.


Also that end scene on the roof from the first movie still gives me goose bumps.  It's such a great plot piece and has fueled the inspiration even 20+ years later.

 

I reworked his arm a little bit trimming away the bits not needed.  Then added the necessary green stuff


 Painting wise I used the same palette as the rest of my chaos army.   I also tried to stick to the original scheme of Splinter as best as I could. 
So the idea now is to have Splinter mentor Vasken for scenarios and just become a normal npc in my games.   
Cowabunga Black Vasken!  Let's get down their and take on the Foot erm I mean Count Grabbo.

22 comments:

  1. Cowabunga, dude! A most excellent conversion and paint job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Much Appreciated Bryan! Have a Happy New year man. ;)

      Delete
  2. Lovely figures and great presentation!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always like these Nostalgia posts, fun to see where others are coming from.

    Great work on the rat, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice Splinter! TMHT revival ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nico. Possibly....or Teenage Mutant Ninja Zoats 😂

      Delete
    2. Ooo! I'd forgotten Turtles were called "Hero Turtles" in the UK and not "Ninja Turtles" like in the US. The UK authorities felt that the ninja tag would make them sound too violent. Meh. LOL!

      Ninja Zoats though, would be sweet!

      Delete
    3. Well that's interesting....I didn't know that. I'll put the Zoats down on the project list. ;)

      Delete
  5. Perfect. It's like that sculpt has been waiting 30 odd years for someone to unlock that conversion.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks spot on! Need a Shredder goon to run with Grabbo now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice, your conversions are really good.

    ReplyDelete