Wednesday, October 23, 2019

Warcry Snarf and other Beasties

With prepping my Untamed Beasts for Warcry the Rock Tusk just wasn't doing it for me. I remembered I had a leftover 4th ed Manticore tail in my bitz box so decided to convert a Dunger into my Warcry Snarf.



Thursday, October 17, 2019

Custom Dice

G'day M8's! My buddy Axiom every year has custom dice for the games he runs at Boyl and it inspired me to get some of my own.  I thought I would keep them similar to the old Heroquest icons to give that old school vibe.  I made some rough sketches and sent them over to be professionally done by my good buddy Mustafa of Spevna Studios.  Hope you like them as much as I do. 



I got some with Black Vasken's face so he had his own personal dice, then I got a bunch with Kissy Snakes face to be used by all my other units.   


Can't wait to roll these!

Wednesday, October 9, 2019

New Black Vasken

I’m onto yet another version of Black Vasken my Eternal Champion. This will be my fourth, andprobably not my last. Planning this one for Warcry.






I’m getting pretty happy with th result of this helmet crest. So stay tuned as the version moves along.

Saturday, October 5, 2019

21 Genestealers in erm....14 days 🤷🏻‍♂️

I got them done in 14 days. Added with the 7 I did a couple weeks ago I have a full force of 28 Genestealers ready to get hulking!!!





I’m really enjoying the contrast paints. These aren’t my best work but you can’t beat 28 miniatures complete in 14 days worth of painting. I’m going to continue experimenting with contrast paints. They have been really fun so far to try out and encourage anyone to give them a try.

Wednesday, September 25, 2019

21 Genestealers in 21 days

G’day Drongo’s!  So where am I at with the genestealers? 🤷🏻‍♂️  I have 21 left to get done for early November. So I’ve committed to the goal of doing 21 in 21 days. I figured I could get in an hours worth of painting of an evening . Well I’m way ahead of schedule and I might actually get all 21 done in a week or 2.


Here are 11 in three stages of batch painting I’ve got done the last three evenings. Contrast paints are mostly to thank, and making the commitment of 60 mins of painting has upped my production.


Then I have 10 more sitting unpainted. I think over the next three evening I can get them up to the stage of the other 11.
I might have them all done this weekend if not by the end of next week.
Committing to 60 mins of painting every evening has been a lot of fun as well. I’ve set a daily timer to remind me so if you find yourself getting distracted instead of hobbying I encourage you to try something similar. 

Saturday, September 21, 2019

Warcry terrain finished

G'day M8's!  I got my terrain finished as well as the Raptoryx's.


Friday, September 13, 2019

Preordered Warcry Expansion and Terrain Assembly

I preordered Monsters and Mercenaries.



Work also continues on assembling Warcry, got the terrain assembled and base coated.