Thursday, August 6, 2015

RPGing life...or my journey to Oldhammer Weekend!

Gentle followers.  Oldhammer Weekend in the us is upon us.  Unlike most of my compatriouts I had everything painted weeks ago, pre packed last week.  So all I had to do on Wed.  was pack and leave.
Well I got about 3 miles out of town and this happened...


So luckily I was able to get off the road safely.  Got my local mechanic to come help.  Then sat around in the shop for 90 minutes while he did a stand up job getting me 4 new tires.

Then I headed out of central Illinois and headed for Pennsylvania.  My goal was to stay in Gettysburg for the night. I got in around 12:30 with all the excitment I couldn't get to sleep till 2am, then yay I woke up at 6:30. YAY driving for 11 hours!

This. morning perfect time to go get gassed up, food up and head out to the battlefield.  I decided to find a quite spot and have my breakfast, and chose the Virginia memorial.  I just chilled out and looked out over Pickett's charge.
I spent another hour driving around looking things over.  I have been to Gettysburg around 15 times.  So it is always a special place to visit for me.

Then I rushed to Allentown to meet up with Bulldoglopez to head another hour north to East Stroudsburg to visit the Frank Frazetta museum!!!

It was glorious!!! If you like Frank's work you have to go visit it sometime.  It is great, and Frank's family is friendly and will talk to you about anything and everything.

Here I am with Frank Jr.





We then headed back to the hotel to get things set up for Friday!  I think the tables turned out splendidly, don't you?



Once we got everything setup.  We visited for a bit, and looked over what everyone had for trades.  I'm pleased with what I got.  What do you guys think?

Chaos Mount and 3 Battle Masters Horses...BOOM!

and is this Oldhammer???

8 comments:

  1. Pictures! We want loads of pictures! With faces! Have a great day guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'M SO EXCITED I CAN'T HELP SHOUTING !!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So jealous...But thanks for the pics. I will need to plan a trip to that museum.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Airborne and I managed to sneak in a game of fantasy using his very fun homebrew rules. My Dark Elves carried the day, but I think he was going easy on me. Pictures soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Also..... boobs for the statistician.

    ReplyDelete