Monday, April 24, 2017

Black Vasken's Goonie Horde: or my Oldhammer Chaos Army

G'day M8's  I'm here today to showcase my chaos army as I field it now.

It has gone through some growing pains since we last looked at it.

I'm finally quite happy with where it is and will call it finished...
for the most part. ;)





As you can see the army has changed a bit.  With Vasken leveling up and getting rid of his curse, the army has gone through some changes.

I got rid of the chaos foot knights.  After playing a couple games with them they just did not feel part of the army, well I pretty much got rid of that whole division.

What we have now is a trimmed down murderous horde.

At the head is of course Black Vasken on Kringer with his new pet Snarf the manitcore.

The army is built around Kellerman and his Heartbreakers.  I field these both as Marauders and Thugs depending on how big of a game is being played.

Then we have one of my favorite units the chaos dwarf cavalry lead by Three Names.  He has a habit of presenting heads to Vasken.  Yup just tosses them at his feet....like all the time. 


Then there is Nigel and Gav you might have noticed Gav got a bit of an upgrade.  He now has some armor and a giant sword.  The armor knocks out his regeneration and just gives him a normal armor save.  Just a fun way for me to try out different things.

Next is Vollrath and his unit of armored chaos dwarf infantry.

Then another new addition Tomohawk and his feral chaos berserkers.  These guys are completely wild and have fully embraced the bone warpaint of their general.

Then lastly is Mcdeath and his man eating hounds.  Every army should have pets.  LOL

If I get into a really big game I can field more trolls with the Pagan Twins and Sloth my dragon. 
                                                                                      
Hope you like the new army.  I'm ready to get it out on the table and see what they can do!
Let me know what you think of the progress in the comments. ;) 

20 comments:

  1. Looking REALLY good, wish I could see them in Michigan in May. But until next time Vasken!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed! He has come a long way since the first outing at Oldhammer Weekend 1. ;)

      Delete
  2. Mate, that's a really cool and cohesive looking force.

    Time they kicked some more elf arse.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fucking savage looking army. That's what I want to see on a table honestly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dawg! If all goes well....you will see it in about 90 days in person. ;)

      Delete
  4. That army sure does look very impressive. Highly mobile and hard-hitting! I look forward to seeing them taking plenty heads in battle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They will stack them like mountains! Thanks Bryan. ;)

      Delete
  5. Great army photos! Would love to get a game against the evolved horde. (Maybe even with a more traditional army next time.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For sure! I bet your Giants want a rematch😎. I will take on whatever army you throw down though😜. Thanks as well.

      Delete
  6. YES YES YES!
    They look so brilliant, ABG, when you throw them all together. You've achieved such a brilliant, gory red too. It's a tricky colour -- so often it looks either too drab or too orangey-bright. The Ruinous Powers are pleased!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Matthew Blud for da blud gawd!!!!! Much appreciated buddy!!! ;)

      Delete
  7. Ahh, there's the dragon. Great stuff Airborne. I like to try out variations in my list just to have something different to do and more rules to forget. Maybe I'll finally get to face them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the plan for Monolith-khan!!! It's going to be an Oldhammer Battle fest!

      Delete
  8. Hey airborne,
    I've been away for a little while, apologies for the slow post, but I wanted to say that watching the evolution of the Goonies and Graveskul has been inspiring.
    Everything I like about blogs, you have here. Keep going, and hopefully someday, if things get to boring, the "Shelly" can unleash a terrible airstike on Graveskul. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Major! And will do. I should be able to get some comic reports going by the end of the month. The new house is almost complete. ;) So ready to move in and quit this cramped hobbying that I have been doing. One you see my game room...the "Shelly" will want to port at Graveskul. ;)

      Delete