Thursday, September 18, 2014

Dread Banners

I have been having some trouble figuring out what I want to do with my chaos army banners.  For a quick fix I had tried printing off a number of internet images to suffice.  They were not up to snuff.


  So I had to bight the bullet and go for the dreaded home made banner.  I find these fiddly, and I lack the patience for them.  But if you want them to look right....you got to go the extra mile. So first up is a nice little page of inspiration and below is what I finally came up with.  I don't know why hearts, but my cavalry have hearts on their shields.  So I thought it was a nice theme.  Also for some reason I find the irony in a chaotic army of killing machines fighting under the banner of hearts. 








Next up we have the finished painted product.  These went I lot better then I was expecting.  I knocked each one out over an evening.  Then the pennants.

 Here they are as each bearer presents them for review. Now for Khorne and Ruin!








3 comments:

  1. Very nice! Indeed! Like the mix of old and new as well as the different manufacturers, paint job really ties them together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think they look fantastic and fit your style perfectly. Deciding on a banner design is always the hardest part IMO...once you have the vision in place it gets easier to make it look good. I like your inspiration page and will have to assemble ones for my future banners as well. nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you sirs for the kind comments!

    Ya Blue the inspiration page really helped out. I just stared at it for a couple nights and then boom it came to me. Scrolling the the bottom page images of Warhammer Armies also helps as well. There is a lot of good stuff there!

    ReplyDelete