Friday, June 17, 2022

Oldhammer Gary Morley Challenge


The Oldhammer page is running a Gary Morley paint challenge for the month of June.  I settled on doing a WHQ Pit Fighter.


I had never painted any of the WHQ minis, the challenge seemed like the perfect opportunity.

 

I decided to paint him in the same scheme as my Warcry warband.  

 


 I'm quite happy with the results.

 

There is still time if you have a Morley figure sitting unpainted head over to the Oldhammer Facebook group and take part. 


12 comments:

  1. Great work on the classic miniature

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking good! I like the red and the deranged grin!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gary did an amazing job on the facial expression for this guy!

      Delete
  3. He's amazing. I love how the bone warpaint/tattoos came out on him; especially on that grin! You even got a little leopard print in there! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cool! It's fantastic, as it is such a daring scheme. I love how you turn these classics into your own world with your personal style. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I appreciate that Suber I’m seeing him as an unnamed young Black Vasken…maybe

      Delete
  5. I love that you could work him into about any campaign you play. Fighting for Graveskull? Awesome! Aboard the SS Psy-chotic Snake Mountain *hiss hiss*? Even better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Multi use eternal champions to drive the narrative ☺️

      Delete
  6. I think I already told you on FB how much I like the work you did on this miniature. I'll only add that I love the fact that you write the mini's name on the base. Old skool!

    ReplyDelete