Tuesday, January 26, 2021

Wolf Guard Space Hulk DLC

A few posts back I highlighted the  Return to Kalidus DLC for Space Hulk.  Well I got my 16 bit Space Wolf Guard finished over the holiday's and ready for your viewing pleasure.


I did a full squad with extra heavy weapons per the WD article.  With an added Rune Priest it becomes quite a heroic force for fabled sagas.

 Deploying them in 2 teams of 3 has a nice ring to it.
 
 
 
I made a press mould of one of the wolf totems on a modern plastic to add to the shoulder pad.  Unfortunately the only terminators to ever get this treatment where the iron fists in an upgrade pack. 
 

 
I really hum haw'd around on the gray.  I first tried contrast and it wasn't going to fit my painting style for this go round.  I settled on Foundry Night Sky which in the end I was extremely happy with.
 

 
I really liked how the yellow turned out as well.  The original triad just didn't look right for me.  So  I built it up from just a base coat and adding white to each layer and in the end it really has that comic look that I enjoy on the table top.
 

Limiting my pallet also gave me the red and yellow storm bolters which I turned out ace. 


 
The original scheme really shines through, but with my subtle changes I've also made them my own. 

 
I'm not going to lie at the moment these might be my favorite terminators.  Don't worry I won't bin my Deathwing, but the Wolf Wing is about to get their turn.  So get ready for a howling good time.

18 comments:

  1. Great work on these classic models

    ReplyDelete
  2. All the wolves are in you mec, this is good

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sticking to the 16bit concept to limit colour paltette and get a specific look is a very interesting idea. I might have to give it a go for a smaller project down the line.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a lot of fun, and can be a good little challenge. Look forward to seeing what you come up wiht. ;)

      Delete
  4. Those are quite nice.
    Man, it's been ages since I played Space Hulk. Gotta add it to the already overloaded slate of games now. So thanks for that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Grove Comic Style strikes again.
    The yellow buildup pops especially, very nice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks man...I am quite proud of how the yellow turned out.

      Delete
  6. Sweet! You suddenly got me to the nineties, oh, these are so awesome! Really nicely done, it's been some time since I hadn't enjoyed some Space Wolves this much! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm going to put that Night Sky paint in my next Foundry order and see how it works on my Space Wolves Thanks Grove, Wolf Brother!

    It's a cracking looking force. I really like the amount of colour you've put into these.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nicely done sir. Had these back in the day. No idea why though cos I never liked the Space Wolves...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been hearing that lately...Space Wolves are def not peoples favorites. LOL

      Delete