Friday, November 16, 2018

The Siege of Graveskul

With the Swords of Power in hand Rikishi or was it Rafiki eh who cares, and Black Vasken must form a tense alliance to to defend Graveskul from the Bretonnians that would steal the secrets of Graveskul.  If you care to read some #FakeNews here is Sean's version.
What follows is a ten hour Warhammer 3rd ed. game that was one of the most enjoyable games to date. 



The chaos vortexes were nasty but added a bit of fun to the game.  We were all sitting on the edges of our seats waiting for them to hit something big! 








The vortexes never hit a critical unit, but they did hold me up for about 8 turns. 
If you notice the Coldone knights chaning formation that's not a trick of the camera.  Lopez spent about 8 turns switching from wedge to column over and over...back and forth.  It was delightful. 


Fear is so brutal in 3rd ed.  We loved it...everyone sat trying to charge Sloth and then he roared and murdered everything.
In hindsight maybe the Brets should have got the artillery forward...but you never know.  One of the guns overheated.  I think if it hadn't it would have got all the Coldone knights.
Well that became the deciding factor.  Leaving enough Coldone Knights to charge created a panic fast on the flank and resistance trickled away.

With the Bretonnians defeated the champions are able to enter Castle Graveskul...but what evil dwells in there?  Will our heroes be able to regain the Power!?!  Stay tuned for the next issue and find out.

29 comments:

  1. Like I said yesterday, you're a blogging machine 😂

    As usual, excellent work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do try to put my down time in the office to use. ;) Thanks buddy.

      Delete
  2. This is AMAZING! Fantastic colours, awesome presentation!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ten hours? Reminds me of some of my old marathon Vampire The Masquerade all-niters! Excellent report as usual.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It didnt feel like 10 hours till we looked at our watches. We werent drained at all.

      Delete
  4. A game to be remembered! Brings back memories of playing marathon battles when I was a teenager....except yours is a lot more organised Tom ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wanted to say it was all lies, but it appears to be an accurate representation of the days events. I need to get to work on my report. Perhaps I'll get it out tonight.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was having a tough time remembering the early part of the game. The pics told the story perfectly. I thought you guys had us. Always bring Coldones. LOL
      Looking forward to your take on it. ;)

      Delete
  6. Well that was brutal, nasty, and everything I've come to expect from one of your productions.....well done!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Epic battle report!

    I love the comic book format too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Richard. Comics are a blast to create. Your reports are always good to. You do fluff a lot better then I do. 😉

      Delete
  8. Huzzah!!! What an epic looking game!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was seeing it going different. The Brets defeated at the end because of fear. That's what happens when you draft poor people.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That’s an epic looking game! I’m impressed you got the whole thing done in ten hours!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mustafa! Me too...The time flew by due to all the fun.

      Delete
  11. It was excruciating waiting for the pictures to load but it was well worth it! Kudos sir!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks man. Ya that’s my bad. I accidentally made them way bigger then usual.

      Delete
  12. Greetings! Just a note to say this excellent battle report has been nominated for 2018 Greatest Battle Report Award. Voting is now open to determine the final winner, and the voting form, along with the other great nominations is here. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete