Monday, May 14, 2018

High Elfs: Monopose Monstrosity army complete

So last summer I stalled out on this army.  By Autumn I had only got 2 base colors done.  Then Iannick started up an awesome challenge over at the Oldhammer Army World Challenge. With some cajoling from Blue and Lope I entered, with the permission from Iannick since I had some paint on these already.  He said it was alright, and to make up for it, I promised myself not to use my mulligan.  So over the pasat 6 months this army got DONE!!!!

Here it is fully arrayed!
The points break down:

  • Ponce's 15x Pointy Spears w/champ- 216 pts

  • Fop's 15x Spearmen w/champ- 216 pts

  • Waife's 10x Archers w/ hero- 227 pts



Total: 1145 pts


It's an awesome feeling to have a whole new army, that was pretty easily accomplished over the past 6 months.

I really enjoyed taking part in the challenge.

I'll probably take part in another challenge if I have an army laying around.  But for now I think I'm gonna focus on getting some games in and do some comic reports for awhile. ;)
Who's ready to take me on. ;) 

28 comments:

  1. Still have mine in boxes ......I have moved on lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mono pose rules OK! Well ok in that you now have another great army to game with looking forward to seeing them in a comic. Well done, wonder if i could do a chaos version?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yuuus another Monopose Maniac!!!! I should have them in a battle report by the end of the year. I think it could be done in chaos for sure! One of my friends is doing that for chaos at the moment.

      Delete
  3. Awesome work Thomas! It was great to have you along for the ride!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks buddy. I’m glad you put it all together. 😉

      Delete
  4. Does this mean you'll be running the Fourth Edition intro scenario at the next oldhammer day?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When is the next Oldhammer day???? I got some gaming weekends planned, and then going to BOYL again

      Delete
  5. I don't know Grove, according to TMP if you paint more than you game you are a warpainter, not a wargamer. Seriously though, great Army.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HAHAHAHA Nah I'm definitely a wargamer. Thanks buddy! Looking forward to seeing yours all lined up!!!!

      Delete
  6. What are the stats for the troll in the last pic?

    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like how you carry the warpaint from the Reavers' horses through to the Pegasus. A mighty force, I've been very inspired watching it come along in the OWAC.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Curis! Ya the addition of the warpaint was a late night call. I wasn't sure how it was going to pan out, but I'm glad I did it in the end. Thanks for following along. ;)

      Delete
  8. I myself have a small pile of 90s monopose elves to get through, so this is a nice reminder to crack on with the things! Looking great; can't wait to see them in action.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ousider....and do share yours once you get them knocked out. I look forward to seeing them.

      Delete
  9. Glorious stuff! The names just make them even better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michael....glad you like the foppish names as well. ;)

      Delete
  10. They're magnifico, Airbornegrove! The accents of blue and red are brilliant when you see them all as a unified force. I especially like the bluish armour that you gave them - it's very distinctive. Best of luck crushing Uluthan's (many) foes.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great stuff! I have a couple of monopose armies in the works too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Are those unit champions cavalry bodies on infantry legs? That's a neat idea. Plenty of heft.

    Obviously I disapprove of yet more people playing High Elves, but they do look nifty. There's something about the bases and the bright blocky tones that hangs together really well. You're not going to leave any of these lads in a wood after a game, that's for sure...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope those are the actual 4th ed unit champions. Thanks for the comments. I really enjoyed the monopose of it all, and yes had to go green bases for these.

      Delete