Monday, February 13, 2017

Bruce Gottman...Zombie Killer

G'day M8's one of the jobs I had in high school was working at a saw mill.  Me and my brother both got hired as the nightly clean up crew and the man in charge of us was Bruce Gottman!

Now Bruce was something out of the stone age.  A link between modern man to our more primordial times.  He was skinny and lanky, but his body seemed hewn from granite.  Walking stooped over he looked very reminiscent of Frazetta's image below...


Bruce would clean along side us for 8 hours, giving us the odd grunt here and there.  Then go home drink a case or two of beer pass out, and do it again the next day.  Not the ideal role model, but the primitiveness of that man is etched in my brain nearly 15 years later.

Which leads me on to my zombie hunter.  Once I saw this guy from Copplestone Castings I knew I had to have him.  He looked so much like Bruce too...bonus!  Bruce always had wild crazy eyes, and a perpetual 5 o'clock shadow.  I tried to give mine the same look.


He looks like he just walked out of a truck stop, or finished an 8 hour shift a saw mill. ;)

I almost added a confederate flag on the jacket bought thought it might be to busy.

I've not statted him out or anything yet.  I almost want to make him a werewolf or something.  Who knows we will see.  If you got any ideas do let me know in the comments.

He should be a perfect partner for my other zombie hunter  I think they will make a good match.


If not I have I have her on the way.



Also I got some cheap painted scatter terrain off eBay for the streets Graveskul.


Hoping to have a zombie comic report for you soon. 

22 comments:

  1. I read that title as "Bruce Gotham." I was disappointed by the lack of Batman influence. It wasn't until I saw the link on the Oldhammer forum that I read the title correctly! 😂

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is something very feral looking about Bruce. I like your idea of making him a werewolf. It seems fitting. Great paint job on him but I was even more taken with how you have painted that female Zombivore. She has turned out excellent. Finally, great batch of scatter terrain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ya the idea of the werewolf is really taking hold. I'm glad you like them both. ;)

      Delete
  3. Really great stuff, the Copplestone models really suit you and those scatter pieces are great, would you have a link ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks JB...I would have to agree. ;) Here is were I got the scatter terrain: http://stores.ebay.com/1ntergalactictrader/

      Delete
  4. I've used personalities from my past to help shape a narrative. Fortunately for them, I've disguised them well enough that to the world they remain anonymous.... for now. ;)

    Great paintjob, he does look pretty feral.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dubya! It would seem everyone is leaning towards the werewolf or something like that. Looks like I will have to get him statted up. ;)

      Delete
  5. Oh, and the scatter with disgusting toilets is awesome.
    Always remember, Elvis died on one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Thanks, I'm hoping to be giving zombies swirlies in the near future.

      Delete
  6. One of them is sleeveless, the other is only wearing a bra...perfect attire for surviving bites in a Zombie apocalypse!! ;-)

    I like their trashiness, now what you need is a old worn down trailer as terrain!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great stuff; definitely got the just-finished-8-hours-in-the-sawmill vibe captured nicely!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bruce looks about as intelligent as a neanderthal. All I hear when I see that closeup pic is "Duurrrrp". Which is awesome! Wereboar would make more sense with a face like that, a face that only his boar-mother could love (And consequently abandon.)

    Where'd you get that scatter terrain btw? On Ebay. Where?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wereboar now that is an idea! Link is above in the comments. Got them off EBay.

      Delete
  9. Bruce looks so great -- his expression is perfecto. With his buck teeth and slightly cross-eyed look, he reminds me of a perp from Judge Dredd.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Matthew. Ya I made him as trashy as I could. I like the judge dredd mention. As im not a big judge dredd fan , but following Bryans blog I'm beginning too. 😉

      Delete
  10. I think more like some Styx album cover on the back or something. ;) Looks good. I've never thought of ebay for scatter terrain. I almost bought some aquarium plants for deathworld terrain though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was bought on a whim. EBay can yield some cool treasures. I was worried I had bought junk. But that was not the case 😉

      Delete
  11. Funny thing, Gottman sounds a bit like ‘grottman’ which is Swedish for caveman

    ReplyDelete