Monday, July 18, 2016

A tale of All Gamers challenge on Facebook

So Captain Crooks is running a Tale of All Gamers challenge over on his Herohammer Facebook page.  Reminiscent of a Tale of 4 Gamers.





I chose Chaos...Shock!  I know.  We are running 250 points a month ramping up to a total of 1500 points.

Here is my first months submission for my Nurgle themed army. 4 chaos knights @ 66 points each for 264 points. ;)

However I have suddenly had a change of heart and thinking about changing up the scheme.  Here is what I am contemplating changing them to look like.  Let me know your thoughts. 

I'm liking the Black and Bronze for Nurgle, but am totally up for discussion in the comments.  It will be a quick thing for me to switch the knights.  Then this hero is already done.  Making my July submission pretty smooth.
 Also I got these at Historicon...so instead of repainting the five knights.  I can just paint these ones up to match.  They look more Nurgely anyway. ;)

6 comments:

  1. Both look great, but the black and bronze is more unusual/unique for Nurgle. You could add a very thin verdigris patina to the bronze?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Stuart. I have given the vedigris some thought. I've pretty much talked myself into the new scheme. I might have to give it a try and see how it looks. ;)

      Delete
  2. I think they both look good. I'm funny in that I never go back once I call a figure "finished". But that's my hang up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both look good, but I prefer the original scheme. Just more to look at and draw your eye. Nurgle is too typically done in dreary colours where detail gets lost.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree...and do slightly lament on my decision to change it...though for the overall army it had to be done. The bright ones will be used for something else in the future rest assured. ;)

      Delete