Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Dismount ya pukes and capture that banner!




So I got a crazy idea awhile back.  I decided to take my chaos foot knights and give them the same names as the mounted knights. So I repainted 8 figures names, and ended up switching a few more. 




 It is not something you see, except more in historical games.  There are so many examples though of cavalry mounting and dismounting for various reasons.  So the idea stuck, and I got it done.

Then of course I was like well now what?  Well I stumbled upon this interesting little rule table from Warhammer Fantasy Role-play.




How cool is that?  I am going to give this a try the first chance I can get.  I will be sure to let you all know how it goes.  In my head I imagine horses going down and riders getting up all...

Most likely it will be more like...
                                

Also of note I think there needs to be more capturing of standards in my battles.  So I went to our trusty Oldhammer tome. 
                                             

I might even make an option where you can challenge or at least target the standard bearer.

So there you have it some fun little flavor to add to the next battle I play.  Which I hope is very soon.


6 comments:

  1. Excellent thoughts all around and a lot of potential to make our games even more fun and narrative! Bring it on!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Horses....Shoot the Horses! ;)
      I know they give you nightmares! LOL

      Delete
  2. Very cool Airborne. I've long had an idea, and seen modeled somewhere before, banners that were removable. Something to ponder.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Removable banners interesting. Possibly use magnets or something like that. ;)

      Delete
    2. The ones I saw had the banner poles replaced by wire and the the flag was mounted on tubing. You could just slip the banner tube over the wire banner "pole".

      Delete
    3. Sounds super simple. I might give that some thought. ;)

      Delete